Senior Teacher of English (Native Only)
by EDU International School in Maymyo, Mandalay, Myanmar
Research, Teaching & Training
Nov 07, 2023
The Senior Teacher of English will perform the tasks but not limited to the list of key responsibilities below.
- To plan and execute lessons using different learning approaches and teaching methods
- To Work closely with academic coordinator and the school teaching/academic team to ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To work actively and collaboratively with other teachers to contribute to the improvement of English language courses, teaching learning materials, and student assessments.
- To make use of assessment and provide constructive feedback to help manage learners’ performance
- To manage teaching and learning resources
- To demonstrate subject knowledge and actively engage in professional development opportunities
- To be a dedicated teacher capable of inspiring students
- To create a positive and inclusive learning environment
- To work professionally to deliver high quality classes and positively contribute to the achievement of the school’s success.
- To participate actively in regular team meetings and promotional events
This position is only for Native Speakers of English.
- Senior Teacher of English will be responsible for teaching Summer English courses to young and adult learners and English language to primary and secondary school students at EDU International School.
- This includes planning, preparing and delivering effective English language teaching that meets the needs of different learner groups, considering individual learning styles.
- He/ She is expected to have sufficient up-to-date knowledge of effective teaching and learning pedagogy.
- He/She must hold Bachelor’s degree in Education/ English Language Teaching or related field and teaching certification (Cambridge CELTA/Trinity Certificate TESOL) or equivalent.
- He/She is also expected to have Full Mastery of English across 4 skills.
- Salary: Salary can be negotiated based on qualifications and experience
- Annual Leave: 10 working days per annum plus Myanmar public holidays
- Housing Allowance: Housing will be provided
- Fares and travel Allowance (if you are recruited from outside Myanmar): Economy class air fare(s) are paid for the member of staff and their accompanying dependents to Myanmar. Dependents are defined as a spouse or a dependent unmarried child aged under 18.
- Work permit/ Right to Work: Applicants must be potentially eligible to work in Myanmar and must hold a passport which has at least two blank pages and at least one year’s remaining validity. Visa fees will be provided.
- Transport Allowance: If you are recruited from outside Pyin Oo Lwin, a flat travel allowance will be provided by the school one time.
- Professional Development Opportunities: Pre-Service and In-service Teacher Training courses will be provided.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- MS Office Applications
- • Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective Teaching
- Organizational Skills.
- Child care
- Professional Driving Skills
Nov 07, 2023
Maymyo, Mandalay, Myanmar
Login to View Salary
Other similar jobs that might interest you