Academic Coordinator (Native Only)
by EDU International School in Maymyo, Mandalay, Myanmar
Research, Teaching & Training
Nov 09, 2023
The academic coordinator will perform the tasks but not limited to the list of key responsibilities below.
- To Work closely with head of school and the school management team regarding the plan, process and school operation
- To assure effective teaching and learning of English that meets the needs of different learner groupsTo plan and execute lessons using different learning approaches and teaching methods
- To contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials and related services, in order to best meet learners’ needs
- To provide learners with a rewarding and stimulating English language learning experience
- To help teachers maximize their teaching potential
- To conduct teacher’s observation and provide constructive feedback for teachers
- To complete teaching-related administrative tasks to specified standards
- To ensure that academic policies and curriculum are followed
- To develop and tracking benchmarks for measuring school success
- To act as cover teacher when main teachers are absentTo meet and listen to concerns of students, parents, and teachers on a regular basis
- To meet and discuss with academic team on a regular basis for problem resolution
- To manage teaching and learning resources and ensure that issues with equipment or resources are reported in a timely manner to responsible staff for prompt resolution
- To support recruitment activities by being a member of shortlisting and interview panels
- To support the wider aims of EDU and its program expansion
- To build educational networks locally and internationally
- To assist in the running of promotional events in collaboration with the marketing team
This position is only for Native Speakers of English.
- The academic coordinator will oversee all the academic activities of EUD Summer School Program and Primary and Secondary School Programs.
- This includes leading the early years and primary and secondary school teaching teams and providing support for the effective and efficient running of teaching operations.
- He/ She will focus on the environment suitable for the students to learn and develop to the best of their abilities and to make sure the curriculum is followed.
- He/She must hold Degree in Education/ Education Management and Leadership or equivalent, Teaching certification (Cambridge CELTA/Trinity Certificate TESOL), and Teaching certification (DELTA or Dip TEFL/TESOL (Higher); MA TESOL (or equivalent)) is preferable.
- He/She is expected to have Full Mastery of English across 4 skills.
- Salary: Salary can be negotiated based on qualifications and experience
- Annual Leave: 10 working days per annum plus Myanmar public holidays
- Housing Allowance: Housing will be provided
- Fares and travel Allowance (if you are recruited from outside Myanmar): Economy class air fare(s) are paid for the member of staff and their accompanying dependents to Myanmar. Dependents are defined as a spouse or a dependent unmarried child aged under 18. If you are recruited from outside Pyin Oo Lwin, bus fare or economy class air fare will be provided.
- Work permit/ Right to Work: Applicants must be potentially eligible to work in Myanmar and must hold a passport which has at least two blank pages and at least one year’s remaining validity. Visa fees will be provided.
- Transport Allowance: If you are recruited from outside Pyin Oo Lwin, a flat travel allowance will be provided by the school one time.
- MS Office Applications
- Handling Pressure
- Training skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Supervision skill
- Follow instructions
- Initiative & responsive
- Probelm Solving skills
- Cooperative Skills
- Organizational skills,
- Teaching and Child care
- Professional at teaching
- Professional Driving Skills
- Early childhood education
Nov 09, 2023
Maymyo, Mandalay, Myanmar
Login to View Salary
Other similar jobs that might interest you