Position Title : Senior Health Program Coordinator
No. of Post : (1) Post
Report to : Program Manager
Department : Rakhine Operations Management Unit
Duty Station : Nay Pyi Taw /Yangon
Grade : F1
Benefit Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowance +Casual Leave +Quarantine Leave + Annual Leave + Medical Certificate + Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (24/01/2020), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is
volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
In 2017, MRCS is increasing its engagement in Rakhine state through immediate, medium and long-term support to people affected by communal violence. With the support of IFRC, MRCS has initiated Branch Capacity Building Development program in Sittwe, Mrauk-U, Kyauktaw, Ponnagyun, Minbya, Maungdaw, Buthidaung, and Rathedaung Townships. Program period is initial three months and high possibility of extension as long term program. Maungdaw, Buthidaung, and Rathedaung areas are under the management of Maungdaw Hub office. MRCS is setting up Operation Management Unit under the direct supervision of Deputy Secretary General and technically under the Rakhine Operation Steering Committee.
Purpose of the position:
Senior Health Program Coordinator will be responsible for leading, managing, Planning, Implementing and improvement of MRCS’ mobile Health clinic care activities at Sittwe, Maungdaw and Butheedaung. This position involves extensive record keeping, organizing, and problem solving and time management. It also involves interpretation and communication of complex regulations and medical data and communication with MRCS Health Department, Health Coordinators, Mobile clinic consultant, and Health Delegate including providing regular report and analysis. Extensive coordination with State Health Department, District and Township Health Departments, Health Delegate, health cluster and in close coordination with other health actors and stakeholders operating in Rakhine.
Duties & Responsibilities
I. Clinical Care and Mobile Clinic Management
1. In Collaboration with Health Department, Health Coordinators, Health Delegate and other related staff, develops working plan and timeframe for the mobile health clinic.
2. To strengthen the capacity and improve motivations of mobile health clinic team members and participate in clinic visits when necessary.
3. Provides mobile clinic teams with technical assistance in the performance of their jobs.
4. In collaboration with health program coordinators, make sure that the quality of care is up to the standard by regular monitoring visits, regular reviews of the medical and program reports.
II. Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
5. Ensures that all activities are implemented based on plan and timeframe to provide primary health care to targeted areas.
6. Make sure that the mobile clinics teams are functioning.
7. Maintains detailed, accurate, up-to-date and confidential records including: report health files, health services tracking system and documentation of all activities. Compile and develop periodic work plan and reports to Director of OM Unit, Director of Health Department, delegates and others as required.
8. Monitor the ongoing health status and needs of the patients by ensuring the completion of daily healthcare activities, the availability of medicines, the achievement of the program goals and its indicators etc.
III. Coordination and Collaboration
9. Coordinate with MRCS Health department for technical support to mobile clinic and effective clinical care for the patients.
10. Work collaboratively with State, District Health Department (DHD).
11. In close coordination and consultation with State, DHD, plans and delivers monthly update training on health, nutrition and environmental safety topics.
12. Participate in coordination meetings and provide information to as needed and to keep updated information of current issues and trends related to the responsibilities of the job.
13. Represent MRCS OMU and MRCS in meetings and events related with Mobile Health Clinic Program.
14. Support and coordinate with MRCS OMU HQ for its technical related matters.
15. Have to follow any other task assigned by Supervisor.
IV. Financial Management
16. To oversee and manage the financial status and related budgets.
17. Prepared quarterly budget working advances and budget utilization.
18. Check the financial report of working advance for submission to the Deputy Director.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
• Must be a Myanmar National
• Age under 50years old
• MBBS with valid medical registration, relevant post graduate qualifications is preferable
• At least 3-years' experience in healthcare program related activities healthcare activities
• Experience on managing finances, budgets and program planning will be advantageous
• Relevant facilitation and training skill
• Ability to manage the under stress working condition
• Ability to very often visit to the field
• Good knowledge of Primary Health Care and clinical medicine
• Should have strong facilitation, communication and coordination skills
• Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Spread- sheets, Word processing)
• Effective spoken and written English