Senior Executive, Information System (Infra)
Our journey in Myanmar began in 2015 with our CEO visiting Yangon. His initial impressions were the city’s bustling atmosphere, its kind and warm inhabitants, a strong historic identity, and the great potential resulting thereof. But he also saw how these promising features clashed with many weather worn industrial, commercial, and residential buildings.
Together with his team, he discovered one of the key reasons to be the lack of better building materials available on the market. Most affordable options were of low quality and unworthy for the people of Myanmar He and his team made it their goal to help improve the living conditions in Myanmar by contributing to the development of its coated steel sector.
The signing ceremony took place at the end of 2017, marking the beginning of a US$85 million project. Under the joint venture, JFE Steel, Meranti Steel, JFE Shoji, Marubeni-Itochu Steel and HANWA are sharing resources to jointly design, construct and operate a world-class steel galvanizing and painting line in the Thilawa Special Economic Zone, Yangon.The partnership possesses a strong strategic fit for the companies, shown through the shared values and commitment in contributing to Myanmar’s building and construction sector.
Trust: The core element of the JFE Meranti brand. Our leaders who founded this company have many years of experience in executive roles in the steel industry. Customers can have full confidence in the
integrity and reliability of our expertise in steel. We deliver what we promise.
Consistent Quality: Another core element of the JFE Meranti brand. With our team’s long experience and expertise in coated steel, we will consistently deliver good quality products to our customers.
Responsiveness: Reacting quickly and positively to our customers is an essential part of our business model. We aim to rapidly respond to customer queries and seek to solve any pending issues positively.
Partnership: We are a local business in Myanmar and we want to build a strong local network of partners, together with other local businesses. Our aim is to enhance long-term partnerships with our customers and
Safety: We value the livelihood and safety of our customers, employees and stakeholders. Thus, we place safety at the core of our minds when we execute our day-to-day activities.
Creativity: Our team consists of individuals who have a passion for coated steel. Equipped with this passion, we continuously strive to innovate and to further enhance the excellence of our products and service for our customers.
လစာ နှင့် ခံစားခွင့်:
- Purchasing, acquire and initial set-up of IT assets, licenses and services – Computer and servers, emails, office 365, share point, applications, servers, printers, network, voice, internet, cloud, etc.
- Administration of IT services – users accounts, accessibility, licenses
- Office locations are in 8 Mile, Thilawa and Standby for shift allocation on weekend whenever required.
- Participate in ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics Nav) set-up and maintenance
- Improve the office working environment by providing smooth IT/ IS system to the staffs
- Any other duties which may be deemed relevant by Chief Operating Officer or CLT member
- Participate in ongoing technology evaluations and keep up with technology trends and industry standards.
- Operate as a technical expert (subject matter expert) on infrastructure projects pertaining to Linux, VMware, Windows, Storage, VOIP and etc
- Perform infrastructure design and implementations, performance analysis and optimization, systems monitoring and problem resolution, upgrade planning and execution, and process creation and documentation.
- Suggest improvements based on technology, best practices, or changing requirements.
- Provide regular updates to management on advantages and potential opportunities for new technologies and automation.
- Establish close working relationships with Technical Operations and Project Management.
- Assist Technical Operations with testing & implementation of new technologies and/or services including methods, policies and procedures for installation, management, monitoring and support.
- Work with and manage outside consulting technical subject matter experts as needed.
- Help to resolve complex IT issues in a Tier 1 & 2 capacity in nimble manner
- Train/Mentor junior staff members as appropriate.
- Ensuring regular backup of servers, Firewall and switches’ and all network devices configuration
- Run periodical security checks, analysis of the network for outside and inside access security.
- Propose new policies creation as well as adjustment of current policies for IT network area
- Maintain proper documentation system
- Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a technical role with extensive experience in design, installation and deployment in an enterprise environment
- VMware experience
- Windows experience
- Enterprise storage, DR and back up experience
- Firewall and Networking experience
- Experience automating complex system functions
- Documentation experience
- Knowledge of open source tools
- Experience in IT/ IS support, including helpdesk and administration
- Experience in Windows 10, Microsoft application management including Office 365, SharePoint, Cloud services, voice/ data network management
- Resourceful to source/ upkeep IT/IS system and equipment
- Experience in ERP system, MS Dynamics Nav, Azure, MS SharePoint and enterprise servers will be added advantage
- Have an aptitude and passion for support to other functions and team-work approach
- Good communicator in Myanmar and English languages
- Self-Starter and Able to work under pressure