City Mart Holding Co., Ltd. (CMHL) is Myanmar’s largest retail chain,currently employing more than 6,800 employees. The City Mart Group started as a modern supermarket in 1996 in the north wing of Bogyoke Aung San Stadium but has since expanded into many different aspects of modern retail trade such as supermarkets, pharmacies, bookstores, baby stores, convenience stores and bakery & coffee shops. The stores are primarily located in the cities of Yangon, Mandalay and Naypyitaw.City Mart Holding Co., Ltd. was ranked 31 in Myanmar for the fiscal year 13/14 Income Tax Ranking, and 5 for the Commercial Tax Ranking Myanmar Index.
City Mart Supermarket
The City Mart Supermarkets are catered to urban households focusing on good food and quality lifestyle. Currently 21 City Mart Supermarkets have opened in Yangon and Mandalay.[Many City Mart Supermarkets have pop-up stores inside them for beauty products, pharmacy, wine & spirits, kitchen utensils etc. Most stores have a wide selection of foreign products.
Ocean Supercenter was the first Hypermarket to open in Myanmar in 2006. It is known as the one-stop place for shopping food, clothing, beauty products, household products and much more. There are currently 7 Ocean Supercenters located in Mandalay, Nay Pyi Taw and Yangon.
Marketplace by City Mart
Currently offering a wider range of international and premium products in Yangon. One of the best-stocked outlets in Yangon offering special treats like locally produced coffee and chocolate products. Opened in 2011 as a premium supermarket brand in the Golden Valley shopping center. Second outlet opened in 2013 at the FMI Center Parkson.
You will be responsible for running a Branch successfully especially by developing and improving long term relationship with customers, meeting sales and profitability goals and managing staff effectively.
- Build and improve Customer Relationship Management
- Manage and drive Sales target achievement of the Branch
- Manage Store Performance as per Standard
- Oversees all operational aspects including controlling stock holding process, completing store administration and dealing with all issues that arise from staff or customers
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Bachelor’s Degree Holder (MBA is a plus)
- At least 5 years managerial experience in retail management (or) consumer product sales Management
- Significant experience in managing people and teams, including coordinating and motivating the work of subordinates
- Work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and multitasking skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Computer literate-MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint