Production Shift Leader
Royal De Heus Group is an international organization with a leading position in the animal feed industry. De Heus was founded in 1911 and has its roots in the Netherlands. After more than a 100 years the company is still owned and managed by the De Heus family.
Since its founding Royal De Heus has expanded from a regional feed company to a feed conglomerate with activities in more than 50 countries in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa and Latin America. Due to the rapid growth outside the Netherlands the De Heus Group is a global top-15 feed supplier.
1 – CONTEXT
- Supervise the application of the rules, regulations, procedures and instructions on the plant to meet production targets (safety, quality, quantity and efficiency) according to the provided rules and regulations.
2 – REPORTING LINE
- The production shift leader will report to production supervisor.
3 – GOAL
- Success in controlling product quality to align with company’s quality policy.
- Ensure the batch formula are executed and documented correctly.
- Success in communication difficulties during the shift change.
- Success in planning and scheduling manpower to meet production demands.
- Success in controlling expenses do not exceed budget approved.
4 – TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all manufacturing activities and ensure the highest efficiency of a production shift.
- Ensure that finished products achieve the company’s quality standards and meet the demands of sales forecast about quality and categories, as well as the stock’s safety.
- Follow up the implementation of the company regulations, production procedures and the obedience of hygiene stipulations of production staff.
- Oversee the production plans and their adjustments, cooperate with other departments to implement the projects within the factory.
- Check the quantity of packaging and raw material received for daily production from Warehouse; make vouchers of packaging/ raw material received and finished products issued to Warehouse; Inventory the materials at the end of every period.
- Ensure the calculation of batches of mixing, blending, etc. Suit the production plans.
- Inform the short or low quality of packaging/raw material to production supervisor.
- Guarantee the production area’s hygiene, the food safety and labor safety; save the electricity and reduce waste of packaging and raw materials.
- Check and cooperate with Maintenance division to ensure the stable operations of machine/lines in order to increase the yield; cooperate with quality control division to check the quality of package and finished products.
- Report the implementation of production plans and the personal situation of Production Department to Plant Manager.
- Sign on the annual/sick leaving permissions, shifting, timing cards of production staff..
- Appraise the annual performance of operators.
- Solve the problem arising in production shift, following Plant Manager’s instructions.
- Other tasks assigned from Plant Manager
5 – EDUCATION
- Bachelor degree in industrial Management/ Engineering.
6 – EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 year experience in production management in FMCG companies, preferable in animal feed companies.
- Experience with the work area is preferred, although not required.
- Leader shift skill: you are leading a team of operators.
- Problem solving skill: to solve technical problem but also human issues.
- Communication skill: you have to communicate with different kinds of level.
- Reporting skill: to make weekly/ monthly and yearly reports.
- Computer skill: proficiency in Office programs (Word, Excel, ....)