We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Nurse for our HIV/AIDS / TB /STD / malnutrition/ANC/family planning and primary health care projects in Putao (Machanbaw Township), Kachin State.
Position Title : Nurse (Clinic)
Place within the organization: Accountabel to Clinic Team Leader
Job location : Machanbaw Clinic (Putao)
Deadline for application : 26 May 2019
Starting date of position : As soon as possible
Description of the vacant position;
Key Objectives and Responsibilities in general;
• To assist the team leaders/medical doctors in giving appropriate medical care to the patient, according to protocol.
• To provide complete information to TB patients (injections and oral drugs) and other drugs if indicated, on a daily basis, during the intensive phase of treatment.
• To provide proper nursing care to the patients in clinic
• To provide health education and explanation to HIV/TB/General patients.
• To provide health education on Family Planning and provide Family Planning services if needed
• To ensure patient confidentiality is respected
• Responsible of clinic patients and clinical care.
• Stocks count and reporting in cooperation with team leader/medical doctor
• To follow strict infection control measures at all time (i.e. hand hygiene, the use of gloves and respirator masks, Non-touch aseptic techniques, waste management…)
• To ensure proper cleaning, sterilization and autoclave of all instruments, in line with local standard operating procedures
• To contribute to the maintenance of a clean environment
• To ensure strict adherence to universal precautions in clinical areas
• To raise any concerns related to the effective implementation of such measures and make suggestions to improve standards.
• To ensure proper cleaning, sterilization and autoclaving of all instruments, as related to the overall hygiene of the medical facilities.
• To ensure strict adherence to universal precautions in clinic
• To follow and ensure the maintenance of clinic hygiene
Record keeping and Medical Supplies
• To keep proper records and registers.
• To ensure proper records of patients history kept on file and confidentially.
• To ensure that medical inventories are kept and that monthly requisitions for all medical items are prepared.
• To follow and ensure the maintenance of cold chain system for blood samples and storage of ARV drugs and others requiring special storage.
• To relive other nurses on leave or as necessary at duty station or other clinics
To be successful in this role you must have:
• University degree in nursing care or Diploma in Nursing
• Valid license and official registration
• Basic English Able to speak local language
• Flexible and empathetic attitude
• Computer literate in MS office package.
• Able to work in a multicultural context with drug users
• Motivated to work in the field and/or remote areas
• Harm reduction and HIV experiences preferably
MAM will offer the successful applicant:
• Salary depending on experiences ( on a12 months basic);
• One month Salary as 13th month bonus;
• One month Salary as Severance Pay;
• Additional Field Stay per diem;
• Up to one month salary in leave compensation;
• Medical benefits;
• Accommodation provided for non-residents;
• Attractive home leave (provided actual travel costs of round trip from home to project location 3 times/4days) per year
• Hardship Allowance;