The vision of MRCS is to be a well-functioning National Society with the capacity to provide humanitarian services to vulnerable people in Myanmar and beyond.
The mission of MRCS is to develop safe and resilient communities through integrated community-based initiatives, promoting humanitarian values by resourceful branches and through a network of volunteers and members. The Myanmar Red Cross also plays an auxiliary role to the state within the humanitarian context.
Myanmar is in a process of rapid change, with the country demonstrating a highly complex operating environment for resilience programming. Most of the externally-supported MRCS projects’ focus on conflict/post-conflict settings and hazard-prone areas, including the Ayeyarwady Delta, the South-East, Rakhine and Kachin State and Yangon. These areas are where most community-based projects are being implemented. Concurrently, MRCS also has a countrywide network of regional/state and township branches with core services delivered through its brigade volunteers. Such core services/activities include blood services, First Aid training and provision, disaster response and humanitarian services.
MRCS relies on grants from national and international partners, donors and the Red Cross Movement. In addition, it accesses funding through its commercial income-generating activities, including trainings in first aid, its printing press, office rental and donation boxes, which are present in key locations throughout the country.
Position Title : Mine Risk Education Field Officer
No. of Post : (1) Post
Report to : Hub Manager
Department : Rakhine Operations Management Unit
Program : Mine Risk Education Program
Duty Station : Sittwe
Grade : D1
Benefit Packages : Salary + Staff house + Hardship Area Allowance + Insurance +Communication Charges + Travelling Allowance+ Home Return Leave /Annual Leave+ Quarantine Leave + Casual Leave+ Medical Certificate Leave + Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (03/03/2020), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS)
is volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
: Myanmar Red Cross Society is now responding in Mine Risk Education (MRE) Program in all over the country and preparing for recovering actions in selected areas.
Purpose of the position
: To Support National MRE Coordinator and Rakhine Operations Management Unit in the implementation of MRE Activities to promote safe behaviour in regards to the Mine/UXO problem and people living or returning to the Mine/UXO affected areas in Rakhine state, Myanmar are fully aware of danger posed by Mine/UXO's.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Regularly brief and update to Hub Manager and National MRE Coordinator for the development of Local Min Risk Education (MRE) implementation.
2. Attend and represent MRCS at local MRE Cluster meeting.
3. Locally coordinate with MRE actors.
4. Organize the local training for MRE awareness sections.
5. Prepare the training plan and develop session plan for integrated section in First Aid training.
6. Closely coordinate and mobilize the RCVs for MRE awareness section in community.
7. Ensure the implementation of MRE activities in States in conducted according to International Mine action Standards.
8. Monitor the committee MRE awareness section.
9. Submit monthly activities report including next month plan to Hub Manager.
10. Closely coordinate with Hub Manager, National MRE Coordinator for day to day activities.
11. Preparation of detail budgeting, budget break down calculation, working advance and clearance and budget control and monitoring regarding to the plan of Action (PoA).
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
• Must be a Myanmar National
• Age under 50 years old
• University Degree
• Minimum one year experience of related field
• Solid planning, activities management and reporting experience
• Must respect local traditional customs
• Strong leadership, negotiation and interpersonal communication skill
• Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines and adhere to program schedule
• Motivated to work in the field and camps
• Effective computer skills as well as Microsoft word, excel and power point are desirable
• Perform related duties as assigned by HQ
• Willingness to promote Red Cross principles of neutrality, impartiality and independence
• Interest in learning about the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
• Perform related duties as assigned by HQ
• Good knowledge of English language skill
• Effective local language skill
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to:
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building, Strand Road,
Nay Pyi Taw. Botahtaung Township, Yangon. (or)
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.