Position Title : Medical Doctor
No. of Post : (2) Posts
Report to : Health Program Coordinator
Department : Rakhine Operations Management Unit
Duty Station : Buthidaung
Grade : E1
Benefit Packages : Salary + Accommodation Allowance+ Hardship Area Allowance+ Additional Allowance+ Insurance + Communication Charges + Travelling Allowance + Home Return Leave / Annual Leave+ Quarantine Leave+ Casual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave + Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (30 /01/2020), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is
volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
: In 2017, MRCS is increasing its engagement in Rakhine state through immediate, medium and long-term support to people affected by communal violence. With the support of IFRC, MRCS has initiated Branch Capacity Building Development program in Sittwe, Mrauk-U, Kyauktaw, Ponnagyun, Minbya, Maungdaw, Buthidaung, and Rathedaung Townships. Program period is initial three months and high possibility of extension as long term program. Maungdaw, Buthidaung, and Rathedaung areas are under the management of Maungdaw Hub office. MRCS is setting up Operation Management Unit.
Purpose of the position
: The Medical Doctor will be the senior member of one of the MRCS mobile clinic teams operation in Minbya Township, Rakhine State, providing primary medical care to populations affected by communal conflict and displacement. Mobile clinics will travel to different locations on a rotating basis, as guided by the State Health Department/Ministry of Health. The Medical Doctor is responsible for the field operations of the mobile clinic, ensuring that health services are provided to the targeted community, supervising the other members of the mobile team (Nurses and Red Cross Volunteer local aid workers) as well as coordinating with State Health Department (SHD), local community and Internal Displace People (IDP) camp leaders, and other organizations providing health care as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Clinical Care
1. Ensure MRCS policies and guidelines are properly followed.
2. Provide appropriate clinical care to all patients, including diagnosis and treatment of prevalent diseases.
3. Determine when a patient should refer to higher care facilities and proper referral ensured.
4. Ensure patient’s regular attendance to clinic and to monitor progress and side effects.
5. Organize the patient appointment book, registers and regular follow-up schedule.
6. Address other health needs of the patients in general.
7. Maintain clear and complete documentation on patients.
8. Perform home care visits when and where necessary.
II. General management and coordination
9. Coordinate with other members of the multi-disciplinary team surrounding each patient.
10. Ensure the overall smooth functioning and integration of the various activities in the clinic.
11. Collaborate with the project coordination team on all project related matters.
12. Assess needs for medicines and medical materials for ordering, in collaboration with nurse and ensure proper supply of drugs, medical and logistics supplies at clinic level.
13. Deal and negotiate with local authorities as needed.
14. Lead the clinic meetings.
15. Signal and initiate improvements in the functioning of the clinic.
III. Data collection and reporting
16. Supervise Nurse at clinic level with regard to the proper performance of their duties.
17. Ensure the correct, complete and timely collection of relevant data.
a. Monitor clinic activities and analyse relevant data.
b. Compile activity reports on a regular basis.
18. Ensure that stock registers/ patient registers/reports/analysis, in collaboration with nurses and volunteers, are done correctly and systematically and that numbers are medically pertinent.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
• Must be a Myanmar National
• Age Under 50 years old
• Medical degree with Valid license and official registration
• INGO/Local NGO in mobile clinic
• Proven management/supervision skills
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Package) is preferable
• Motivated to work in the field/camp
• Flexibility and Support to Emergency Intervention
• Interest in learning about the Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement
• Effective command of English, both written and spoken
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to:
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building, Strand Road,
Nay Pyi Taw. Botahtaung Township, Yangon. (or)
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.