We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic for Medical Doctor for medical coverage of Heineken Myanmar company of staff party trip, sport activities, daily OPD visit, trauma cases, emergency cases, seldom occasion of overnight situation, located at Hmawbi Township.
Position Title: Medical Doctor
Place within the organization: Accountable to Project Medical Coordinator
Job location: Hmawbi Township (Yangon)
Deadline for application: 5 June 2019
Starting date of position: As soon as possible
Medical Action Myanmar (MAM) is a medical aid organization, whose mission it is to improve access to quality health care in Myanmar. MAM aims to provide large-scale access to prevention, diagnosis & treatment of malaria, Basic Health Care (BHC) and tuberculosis. We support a large number of Village Health Workers (VHW) who are volunteers trained in rapid diagnostic testing and supplied with diagnostics and treatments. A basic health care package is provided to deal with the most common BHC diseases, including a referral system for complicated cases. Furthermore, a TB Active Case Finding component is offered including screening and referrals of suspected TB cases and treatment follow-up of confirmed TB cases. In terms of HIV prevention and treatment activities, MAM is running 10 HIV satellite sites in Yangon, Karen, Mon and Kachin states. MAM employees over 700 staffs in Myanmar.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities in general;
Duties and Responsibilities
• to Manage to the employee for the health and safety - Analyzing the common diseases and infection
• to Report to the HR manager and safety manager for weekly report and incident, accident report .
• to Create the power point presentation for training and health education.
• to provide primary health care for the sick/injured staffs such as counsel, first aid, and essential
medication…Reassure the sick/injured staffs by giving effective & efficient medical services
• to provide accurate medicine related information if required or necessary. Ex: travel medicine,
outbreak information, and immunization.
• to record and provide weekly report to HRM and safety manager on medical services for staffs
• to organize pre-employment check-ups for the newly joint associates to ensure they are fit for work .
• to do the medical check-up for the travel health report for oversea assignments.
• to organize annual check-ups for the old timer to detect and fix health problems.
• to organize the hands and nasal swabs for food handler associates.
• to organize immunization for all the associates.
• to refill first aid kits for the whole brewery two times per month .
• to assist/involve in application of health related policies. Ex: health insurance policy, social insurance
policy, illness/maternity policy…
Medical Action Myanmar is a charitable medical organization, registered at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under no.: 34345953
• to inform concerned Department Head as well as HR director before giving a sick leave to associates
• to give quality medical services to all staffs and associates by self learning, practicing, and taking
• to record any case of incident & accident to HR director, as well as OSH Committee.
• to adhere to the company’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
• to be familiar with property safety, current first aid and fire emergency procedures. –to adhere to
cleaning and maintenance programs around the brewery.
• to deal effectively with staffs and workplace colleagues from a variety of cultures.
• to prepare and maintain files, reports, letters, memorandums and other relevant business
Training & Development:
• Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
• Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
• Participate in relevant training to achieve required qualifications.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Education : Qualified medical doctor with registration card (SAMA)
Experience : Some years of working experience in HIV/AIDS treatment
Computer skills: Computer literate in MS Office Package
Language : Fluent in English and Myanmar
Specifications : Good attitude towards the patients, Interest and motivation to work and care for patients,
motivate and flexible to learn the new things, ability to work independently, provide
prompt and accurate data collection and reporting, ability to work under demanding
work environments, excellent inter-personal skills and non-judgmental attitude among
MAM will offer the successful applicant:
• Initial pay starts from 600,000 MMK and negotiable depending on the experience and skill
• Supporting ferry arrangement
• Lunch treat
• Contract agreement is 6 months contract. (we will consider to extend after 6 months).
• 10 days casual leave during 6 months