• Monitor/operate equipment in order to maintain and/or improve the proper, safe, and efficient functionality of facilities assets.
• Monitor and operate the automated facility energy management system. Respond to alarms and other urgent facility situations. Complete all required documentation regarding alarm response.
• Perform Preventative, Corrective, Predictive and Breakdown Maintenance on equipment (Repair and maintain pumps, evaporators, compressors and motors, steam and hot water boilers ) as required.
• Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems. Install, repair and maintain piping systems. Must be proficient on general HVAC equipment and application specific equipment such as liquid and dry desiccant dehumidifiers. Experience with large air compressors, building automation systems and fire alarm systems is essential.
• Use problem-solving tools to identify root cause for repetitive breakdowns or other losses. Address key issues and educate peers of problems and solutions.
• Lead facilities improvement projects, consisting of scope definition, resource planning, scheduling, implementation, and acceptance, to include coordination of work with vendors/contractors.
• Ensure that all assigned scheduled preventive maintenance tasks are completed.
• Must be able to work safely, use all personal protective equipment as required.
• Requires the ability to use personal computers for document editing, report generation, controller programming, database backups and restorations. Should have some skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
• Order materials as needed for maintenance and repair of equipment or systems.
• Perform daily clean up and organization of common maintenance areas as well as facilities equipment areas, including tools and supplies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of Diploma of Mechanical or Electrical.
Experience / Knowledge / Skill:
• Minimum of 3+ years of maintenance & facility function.
• Requires the ability to read equipment manuals, HVAC, electrical and plumbing schematics in order to install, maintain and repair electrical and mechanical devices.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve equipment malfunctions on chillers, pumps, valves, dehumidifiers, air compressors, VAV boxes, and many other types of devices.
• Should be proficient in wielding, soldering and brazing.
• Ability to understand interaction of equipment systems and diagnose and repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic problems.
• Ability to understand interaction of equipment and systems, and diagnose and repair electrical problems.
• Must be knowledgeable of water treatment technologies.
• Interpret data, identify problems, and formulate proper decisions.
• Express ideas clearly (verbal and written) and ability to work from verbal and written instructions, manuals, wiring diagrams, work orders and specification.
• Ability to generate and analyze reports charts and KPI's dealing with addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the use, maintenance and care of tools, equipment and machinery.
• Demonstrated experience of very strong mechanical ability is required.
• Demonstrated experience of working independently is required.
• Educational certification from a recognized technical institute, preferred.