City Mart Holding Co., Ltd. (CMHL) is Myanmar’s largest retail chain,currently employing more than 6,800 employees. The City Mart Group started as a modern supermarket in 1996 in the north wing of Bogyoke Aung San Stadium but has since expanded into many different aspects of modern retail trade such as supermarkets, pharmacies, bookstores, baby stores, convenience stores and bakery & coffee shops. The stores are primarily located in the cities of Yangon, Mandalay and Naypyitaw.City Mart Holding Co., Ltd. was ranked 31 in Myanmar for the fiscal year 13/14 Income Tax Ranking, and 5 for the Commercial Tax Ranking Myanmar Index.
City Mart Supermarket
The City Mart Supermarkets are catered to urban households focusing on good food and quality lifestyle. Currently 21 City Mart Supermarkets have opened in Yangon and Mandalay.[Many City Mart Supermarkets have pop-up stores inside them for beauty products, pharmacy, wine & spirits, kitchen utensils etc. Most stores have a wide selection of foreign products.
Ocean Supercenter was the first Hypermarket to open in Myanmar in 2006. It is known as the one-stop place for shopping food, clothing, beauty products, household products and much more. There are currently 7 Ocean Supercenters located in Mandalay, Nay Pyi Taw and Yangon.
Marketplace by City Mart
Currently offering a wider range of international and premium products in Yangon. One of the best-stocked outlets in Yangon offering special treats like locally produced coffee and chocolate products. Opened in 2011 as a premium supermarket brand in the Golden Valley shopping center. Second outlet opened in 2013 at the FMI Center Parkson.
• Ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in a alignment with the business objectives of the company.
• Lead the operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, project and resources management, researches and implements technological strategic solutions.
• Oversee the ERP administration, system and database administration, network administration and end-user services for both hardware and software.
• Ensure that IT services are consistently provided at the expected levels and communicated to all required channels.
• Timely address business requirements and provide the proper management reports.
• Lead all IT projects on time and on budget and Maintains information technology strategies, accomplishes information technology staff results.
• Plans, monitors, and appraises job results.
• Coaches, counsels, and disciplines employees.
• Initiates, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains a safe and secure work environment.
• Develops personal growth opportunities.
• Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining and delivering strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
• Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
• Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
• Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Manage manpower development and hiring.
• Manage the financial aspect of the department including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
• Develops systems, operational policies and procedures.
• Benchmark, analyze and make recommendations for systems improvement
• Must possess at least a Bachelor / College Degree in Engineering. ( Computer/Telecommunication) , Computer Science/ Information Technology or equivalent.
• Must have at least Five or more years experience as an IT Manager covering areas of systems/database administration, network engineering, operations management, hardware and software technical support, business reporting and project management.
• Strong exposure on Internet technologies and security, wireless LAN , VMWare and storage arrays.
• Experience in Backup and Recovery strategy.
• Very good oral and written communication skills. Able to discuss with or present to management technical designs/issues in a clear and concise manner.
• Very good customer service orientation and sense of urgency.
• With a retail industry experience, a plus.