Unique Myanmar Hospitality and Leisure Gateways
Memories Group is a tourism company in Myanmar that operates an “Integrated Tourism Platform” which synergistically connects all its businesses to provide a seamless, one-of-a-kind experience aimed at creating lasting memories. The Memories Group’s strategy is to leverage on its first mover advantage and further establish its position as a leading tourism company in Myanmar.The Memories Group’s Integrated Tourism Platform comprises three business segments:
Hotels, resorts and lodges throughout the country’s major tourist and business destinations, as well as the development of new high potential tourism destinations in Myanmar.
Businesses providing experiences such as hot air ballooning, trekking, boating, diving and eco-tourism.
Travel and destination management services, creating new opportunities to explore regions previously unknown to international travelers.
Key Responsibility of the Role
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment
• Prepares reports concerning room occupancy, payroll, and department expenses.
• Selects and purchases new furnishings.
• Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
• Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff
• Advises manager, desk clerk, or admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
• Records data regarding work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports.
• Screens job applicants, hires new employees, and recommends promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
• To carry out the daily smooth, efficient, and economic running of the laundry department
• To conduct checks on the Guest and leads laundry for its quality before sending to the hotel
• To ensure that the transporting, receiving, sorting, production and delivery of all linen, uniforms and Guest laundry are according to the set standards.
Competencies Requirement (Skills, Qualifications and Experiences):
• 2 or more years of in a housekeeping/laundry supervisory role preferably in a hospital or long-term care setting
• High school diploma or diploma in Hotel management
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills.
• Floor care experience preferred
• Familiar with and comfortable using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledgeable of housekeeping practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing housekeeping functions in a long-term care facility preferred .
• Excellent time management skills.
• Guest focused with a passion for service and standards excellence
• Must be strong team player with proven leadership, development and delegation skills.