Brainworks - Total are a unique group of integrated schools offering Pre-School, Primary, Secondary, IGCSE and A Level education. We have nine schools in Myanmar. Recently, we urgently need the following positions for Thingangyun Branch to prepare, cook and serve food in the School Kitchen for the Students and staff in accordance with defined standards and quality, current health, safety and hygiene legislation and the school’s Health and Safety policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To develop strategic plans for the improvement of quality of food, quality of service, gross profit margins and the overall financial results of the department.
• To develop menus that meet and exceed the standards expected by the ‘National Nutritional Standards for School Lunches’.
• Prepares and cooks meat dishes, vegetables and other main dishes; prepares salads, sandwiches, fruit, soups, sauces, and other foods.
• Assists in determining appropriate quantity of food items for cooking and baking; adjusts and extends recipes as needed; maintains food quality standards including appearance, and nutritional requirements.
• Monitors temperatures of food to assure safety and quality standards are met; monitors water temperatures to assure proper temperature for sanitizing.
• Serves food according to established guidelines and replenishes serving containers as needed; serves and sells lunch items to faculty.
• Cleans canteen equipment, utensils and appliances and stores food supplies; assures compliance with kitchen sanitation and safety procedures and regulations; cleans refrigerators and storerooms as required.
• Assists in storing unused food and supplies; disposes of unusable leftovers; utilizes proper methods of handling foods to be stored.
• Operates a variety of standard kitchen utensils and equipment including slicer, chopper, mixer, steamer, dishwasher, electric warmer, range, oven, pressure cooker, computer terminal, dishwasher and other canteen equipment as required.
• Trains and provides work direction to others.
• Records amounts of food sold and monies collected as assigned; assists with inventory and maintains routine records as directed; prepares records of foods cooked and foods leftover.
• Prepares and cook foods for special events, training and meeting as needed; assists in banquets or special events as required.
• Assists in other food service areas as needed; collects money and makes correct change.
• Adheres to the appropriate code of ethics.
• Assist the Catering Manager and in supervising Cook and Catering Assistants in order to achieve cost effect catering service at a high quality.
• Preferable if the culinary certificate is hold.
• Have five years previous experience in a commercial kitchen – hotels, restaurants and catering businesses.
• Applicants must be able to prepare, cook and serve European, Asian Food and Myanmar Breakfast.
• Principles and methods of quantity food service preparation, serving and storage.
• Sanitation and safety practices related to handling, cooking, baking and serving food.
• Methods of preparing and serving food in large quantities.
• Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
• Standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements and health and safety regulations.
• Basic record-keeping techniques and basic math and cashiering skills.
• Patience, Kindness and willingness to help are expected as you will be working with a lots of young children on a daily basis.
• Be an active and very supportive team member.
• You shall enjoy days off on the weekend and gazette holidays.
• Please write a detailed covering letter that shows us about you as a person and why you think you should be chosen to join our awesome team.