City Mart Holding Co., Ltd. (CMHL) is Myanmar’s largest retail chain,currently employing more than 6,800 employees. The City Mart Group started as a modern supermarket in 1996 in the north wing of Bogyoke Aung San Stadium but has since expanded into many different aspects of modern retail trade such as supermarkets, pharmacies, bookstores, baby stores, convenience stores and bakery & coffee shops. The stores are primarily located in the cities of Yangon, Mandalay and Naypyitaw.City Mart Holding Co., Ltd. was ranked 31 in Myanmar for the fiscal year 13/14 Income Tax Ranking, and 5 for the Commercial Tax Ranking Myanmar Index.
City Mart Supermarket
The City Mart Supermarkets are catered to urban households focusing on good food and quality lifestyle. Currently 21 City Mart Supermarkets have opened in Yangon and Mandalay.[Many City Mart Supermarkets have pop-up stores inside them for beauty products, pharmacy, wine & spirits, kitchen utensils etc. Most stores have a wide selection of foreign products.
Ocean Supercenter was the first Hypermarket to open in Myanmar in 2006. It is known as the one-stop place for shopping food, clothing, beauty products, household products and much more. There are currently 7 Ocean Supercenters located in Mandalay, Nay Pyi Taw and Yangon.
Marketplace by City Mart
Currently offering a wider range of international and premium products in Yangon. One of the best-stocked outlets in Yangon offering special treats like locally produced coffee and chocolate products. Opened in 2011 as a premium supermarket brand in the Golden Valley shopping center. Second outlet opened in 2013 at the FMI Center Parkson.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly energetic Finance Manager / Finance Business Partner to join the CMHL finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will lead the CMHL’s Retail Finance’s Team to increase our efficiency on our reporting, budgeting and forecasting process with insights. Engage with stakeholders to understand key business drivers, reporting requirements, and perform analysis as required across the CMHL retail business. You will also act as a trusted business partner to relevant Business Units.
• Oversees the company reporting & planning processing
• Delivering commentary and insights around key financial and non-financial metrics
• Analyses and collate results and prepare key findings
• Financial modelling
• Assist preparation of presentation material,
• Perform value add analysis for the wider Retail function
• Assist collation of requirements and process mapping for
• Work closely with internal finance stakeholders to create and
deliver insights - Improve team ways of working by introducing
innovative,analysis, systems efficiencies, improving processes and
providing constructive challenge to all areas
• Partner with Business unit managers and operations manager for
provision of financial and productivity support and insight on P&L results
through bench-marking and coaching best practice
• Prefer Big 4 experiences
• Highly regard Retail Business experiences
• Proven ability to communicate in an effective manner across the
• Experience and ability to build financial models
• Advanced excel skills essential
• Strong experience building reporting packs and dashboards
• Analysis and insights
• Stakeholder Management – Strong communication skills and
relationship building skills
• Sourcing requirements and process mapping
• People Management
• Time Management
• ACCA / CPA / CIMA qualifications or working towards to it