“We build homes, design cities, and improve infrastructure for sustainable industrial development and urban living. Our global team of architects, designers, planners, engineers and other specialists, provides
best-in-class consultancy across the full urban, industrial and infrastructure development value chain.With close to 70 years of track record in successful project delivery, the Surbana Jurong Group has grown to become one of the largest Asia-based urban and infrastructure consulting firms. Our global workforce of over 14,500 employees across more than 130 offices are driven by progressive thinking and creative ideas.
SURBANA JURONG GROUP
We continue to grow from strength to strength with the addition of member companies – AETOS, B+H, KTP, Robert Bird Group, SAA, Sino-Sun and SMEC – to the Surbana Jurong Group. Together, we offer expanded capabilities and reach – providing comprehensive sustainable solutions and value add to projects everywhere around the world.
One-stop, end-to-end consultancy in the urban, industrial and infrastructure value chain
Through organic growth in Singapore and strategic global acquisitions, Surbana Jurong Group has become a multi-disciplinary engineering and design service provider, offering integrated consultancy solutions across the entire value chain of the urbanisation, industrialisation and infrastructure domains.
Unique heritage and capabilities, sound track record
Besides contributing to Singapore’s transformation from a colonial outpost to a modern cosmopolitan city, Surbana Jurong Group has successfully delivered some of the most complex engineering projects in the
world, including the Snowy Mountains Hydroelectric Scheme in Australia, which was named as one of the seven engineering wonders of the modern world by the American Society of Civil Engineers in 1967, and Jurong Rock Caverns in Singapore, Southeast Asia’s first underground rock cavern for oil storage.
Extensive global reach with deep local presence
Surbana Jurong Group combines its global reach with intimate knowledge of the localities in which it operates. With member companies which are global companies in their own right, Surbana Jurong Group has over 130 offices in over 40 countries around the world. The Group has a workforce of close to 15,000 employees across more than 70 nationalities. Its local presence enables the Group to understand the needs of clients in different regions and localities, and its global status helps to contribute international best practices to projects which it participates in.
Exportable sustainable solutions that can meet global demand
To meet increasing demand for sustainable designs globally, Surbana Jurong Group offers a full suite of sustainability and environmental consultancy services that support the sustainable social and economic growth of its clients.
Strong technical ability supported by experienced senior management team
Surbana Jurong Group believes that one of its key strengths is the technical strength of its architectural and engineering professionals, who place significant importance on innovation, problem-solving and the value of research and development. This has resulted in the Group having a market-leading reputation for technical and design excellence, as demonstrated by the extensive accolades achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct environmental and social impact assessment (EIA/SIA)
- Prepare Initial Environmental Examination Report (IEE), Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), Environmental Management Plan (EMP)
- Supervision of EMP implementation, and capacity development/knowledge transfer in environmental monitoring and reporting
- Planning and execution environmental data collection program covering biophysical aspects; collating and analyzing data; undertake impact assessment and propose mitigation measures; prepare full study reports in English and Burmese as necessary; and present the report to the government/stakeholders. All works are to be carried out in accordance with Myanmar Government and applicable international standards
- Ensure that timely, factual, clear and relevant information is communicated between the Government and EIA and SIA study team throughout the EIA study process
- Provide input into public consultation strategies and communication materials as required
- Coordinate consultation with government departments- from National to State, District and local level departments. This will include liaising with department to arrange state, district level and
township level meetings (if required) - including dates, venues and how to disseminate project information.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in environmental and social impact assessments
- Knowledge of Myanmar government processes and departments, including environmental impact assessment procedures.
- Experience in stakeholder consultation, including at national, state, district and township government levels and with non-government and civil society organisations.
- Experience in guiding and leading teams for consultation activities.
- Graduate in Environmental Science or any related course
- With 5 years of experience in substation and transmission line
- With at least 5 years of project-related experience
- With good communication skills (oral and written) both Myanmar and English language
- Must be a team player
- Experience working with multilateral or bilateral development agencies is an advantage