City Mart Holding Co., Ltd. (CMHL) is Myanmar’s largest retail chain,currently employing more than 6,800 employees. The City Mart Group started as a modern supermarket in 1996 in the north wing of Bogyoke Aung San Stadium but has since expanded into many different aspects of modern retail trade such as supermarkets, pharmacies, bookstores, baby stores, convenience stores and bakery & coffee shops. The stores are primarily located in the cities of Yangon, Mandalay and Naypyitaw.City Mart Holding Co., Ltd. was ranked 31 in Myanmar for the fiscal year 13/14 Income Tax Ranking, and 5 for the Commercial Tax Ranking Myanmar Index.
City Mart Supermarket
The City Mart Supermarkets are catered to urban households focusing on good food and quality lifestyle. Currently 21 City Mart Supermarkets have opened in Yangon and Mandalay.[Many City Mart Supermarkets have pop-up stores inside them for beauty products, pharmacy, wine & spirits, kitchen utensils etc. Most stores have a wide selection of foreign products.
Ocean Supercenter was the first Hypermarket to open in Myanmar in 2006. It is known as the one-stop place for shopping food, clothing, beauty products, household products and much more. There are currently 7 Ocean Supercenters located in Mandalay, Nay Pyi Taw and Yangon.
Marketplace by City Mart
Currently offering a wider range of international and premium products in Yangon. One of the best-stocked outlets in Yangon offering special treats like locally produced coffee and chocolate products. Opened in 2011 as a premium supermarket brand in the Golden Valley shopping center. Second outlet opened in 2013 at the FMI Center Parkson.
E-Commerce Merchandising Supervisor will be responsible for managing categories and will own the complete life cycle of the product (selection to driving sales). The team member will be responsible for owning the yearly performance of the category.
• Managing a set of categories and maintaining quality data sets.
• Driving sales for the category by working with suppliers to create campaigns and promotions.
• Demonstrates people skills and working with different teams.
• Working with social media team to communicate merchandising plans.
• Create and execute monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly merchandising plans for the categories.
• Achieving category development goals, monthly sales and yearly goals and KPIs.
• Work with inventory planning and logistics teams to ensure product availability in Warehouse/stores for new launch, regular and
• Collaborate with E-commerce Operations team on a daily basis to ensure a seamless customer experience.
• Identify new areas for products and brands to use omnichannel touch points to reach to the consumer.
• Be a dedicated point of contact for the assigned categories.
• Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to lead and work with fellow team members.
• Ability to speak in English and Myanmar.
• Ability to prioritize workload and deliver results with multiple deadlines.
• Merchandising, Sales and Category Development background is a plus.
• Ability to use different systems, gather all raw data and create monthly reports.
• Effective communication skills with both internal and external parties.
• Strong Microsoft office skills – especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiar with using tools and technology – this role involves using different software and tools.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience is preferred.