Position Title : Disaster Risk Reduction Field Officer
No. of Post : (1) Post
Report to : Program Coordinator
Department : Rakhine Operations Management Unit
Duty Station : Minbya
Grade : D1
Benefit Packages : Salary + Accommodation Charge + Hardship Allowance + Insurance + Communication Charges + Travelling Allowance + Home Return Leave/Annual Leave+ Quarantine Leave+ Casual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave + Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (29 /01 /2020), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS)
is volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
MRCS in collaboration with the American Red Cross is planning on implementing an OFDA funded programme in Central Rakhine State over a fifteen-month period. The project seeks to contribute to the increase of overall resilience of communities both directly and indirectly affected by communal violence. The project will target two townships in Central Rakhine State, namely Minbya and Myebon Townships. The project will strengthen Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) capacity to engage communities in resilience programming through training and awareness building. The project will also seek to address an observed lack of awareness surrounding hygiene practices in villages through direct interaction with community members. MRCS is seeking three (3) Field Officers to join this team.
Purpose of the position
: Disaster Risk Reduction Field Officer will ensure all activities are implemented in line with the project goal, objectives and output indicators. The DRR Field Officer will be based in Minbya and will work under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator. The DRR Field Officer as part of the Rakhine Programme team, will closely coordinate with the Red Cross Volunteers, Minbya and Myebon Township Red Cross Branch, Partners, and Community Based Organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities
I. Program Implementation
1. Work in close coordination and cooperation with other program team within the Rakhine program.
2 Ensure that suitable community mobilisers are selected and trained in communities where RCVs will not be working.
3 Prepare township level risk profile based on secondary data (related to hazards, economics, health and others).
4 Facilitate Township Red Cross Branch and local authority to identify vulnerable communities to implement project activities.
5 Advocacy and liaise with key stakeholders (Government, INGOs and Local NGOs) to support communities in implementing project activities.
6 Facilitate and assist to Community and Red Cross Volunteers in planning and implementing DRR activities in the targeted communities such as;
a. Carrying out Integrated Community Assessment for building resilience
b. Develop Disaster preparedness and response planning with community
c. Set up Community based Early Warning System
d. Developing Households Level Disaster Preparedness (DP) Planning
e. Setting up of Emergency Response Teams and Early Warning System at the branches
7. Ensure that project implementation is in line with MRCS strategy, policies and the Red Cross Fundamental Principles and Code of Conduct.
8. Maintain all hard and soft copy files for the programme.
9. Participate in the preparation of operational plans for the project.
10.Take responsibility for the overall implementation plan and scheduling and workshops, and ensure community participation in all phases of programme planning and implementation as per MRCS minimum standards for Community Engagement and Accountability.
11.Develop and make use of contacts with Red Cross partners, government agencies, and local and international NGOs.
II. Coordination and Reporting
12. Prepare reports (monthly, quarterly and key activities) and share with the Programme Coordinator to agreed deadlines.
13. Coordinate with Township Disaster Management Committee (TDMC) Village Disaster Management Committee (VDMC) in the preparation of monthly and quarterly plan of the programme implementation and share with the programme coordinator.
14. Work closely with the MRCS Township Branch team.
15. Liaise and coordinate with Rakhine Program Finance Officer and MRCS finance Department to project activities in line with project log frame and plan of action.
16. Prepare monthly progress reports and submit to line manager before the agree deadlines.
III. Financial Management
17. Prepare quarterly basis cash forecast based on budget and plan of action and send to Program Coordinator before agreed deadlines.
18. Prepare financial settlement in line with MRCS financial regulation and get approval for the financial expenditure used by field office.
19. Follow the MRCS Financial Guideline.
20. Maintain all hard and soft copy files for the programme.
21. Carry out any other tasks assigned by Supervisor and Hub Manager.
Skills and Competencies Requirement
• Must be a Myanmar National
• Age under 50 years old
• University Graduate
• At least 1 year of work with NGOs or relevant government department Environment
• Experience of working with communities in conflicts/disasters
• Experience of Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster response and recovery field
• Previous experience of working with cash-based interventions would be advantageous
• Experience of contributing to conception, preparation, management, supervision and evaluation of multi-sectorial, community-based programs aimed at increasing resilience
• Previous experience of working in Rakhine would be advantageous
• Good computer and data management skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines and adhere to project schedule
• Ability to travel on a short notice
• Interest in learning about the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
• Basic level of English language (Written & Spoken)
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to:
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building, Strand Road,
Nay Pyi Taw. Botahtaung Township, Yangon. (or)
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.