Brainworks - Total are a unique group of integrated schools offering Pre-School, Primary, Secondary, IGCSE and A Level education. We have nine schools in Myanmar. Recently, we urgently need the following positions for Thingangyun Branch to prepare, cook and serve food in the School Kitchen for the Students and staff in accordance with defined standards and quality, current health, safety and hygiene legislation and the school’s Health and Safety policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares, produces, heats, cooks, bakes and serves a variety of foods including soups, entrees, meats, vegetables, desserts, breads, salads, sandwiches, beverages, or other foods and beverages as specified by the menus, recipes, and production records.
• Sets up and merchandises food and food service areas and serves food.
• Operates kitchen equipment such as, but not limited to, electric mixers, slicers, grinders, ovens, stove tops, tilt-skillets, tilt kettles, warmers, and coolers.
• Utilizes kitchenware such as, but not limited to, knives, spatulas, whisks, tongs, spoons, and ladles.
• Oversees and provides guidance to Food Safety Policy.
• Practices safe food handling according to Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point
• HACCP, Health Department, and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Assists in the monitoring, reduction, and management of food waste.
• Occasionally cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, and kitchen utensils.
• Performs daily, weekly, and monthly deep cleaning of the facility, service areas, and all kitchen equipment such as counters, tables, ovens, refrigerators, freezers, mixers, transient hot carts, mobile carts, and rolling racks.
• Disposes of waste according to the Food Services Operating Procedures, OSHA, the State, and County Health Department processes and procedures.
• May receive, label, and store food and supplies according to produce and Food Service HACCP Standards.
• Assists in taking inventory.
• Assists in preparing sales, production and other reports.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Preferable if the culinary certificate is hold.
• Have 3 years previous experience in a commercial kitchen – hotels, restaurants and catering businesses.
• Applicants must be able to prepare and cook European and/or Asian Food, Myanmar Breakfast and Indian Food - vegetarian food and egg only. Principles and methods of quantity food service preparation, serving and storage.
• Work rapidly and efficiently in performing job duties.
• Work cohesively with peers, supervisors, school personnel, and students.
• Work in large groups and crowds.
• Apply and maintain standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and personal hygiene.
• Count money and make change accurately.
• Demonstrate customer service skills on an ongoing basis
• You shall enjoy days off on the weekend and gazette holidays.
• Please write A detailed covering letter that shows us about you as a person and why you think you should be chosen to join our awesome team.