BC Finance Limited (“BCF”) is a licensed Microfinance Institution headquartered in Yangon with 25 branches operating throughout Myanmar, targeting grassroot clients to finance and expand their small businesses.”
BCF's mission is to support Myanmar's economic and social development in a sustainable way by providing access to financial services to those currently inadequately served. In doing so, we seek to promote job creation through financial inclusion of micro-entrepreneurs and small businesses.
BC Finance Limited (BCF) obtained its microfinance licence in May 2013 and has been operating since October of that year. We are supervised by the Microfinance Regulatory Department (Ministry of Finance).
Our licence entitles us to conduct microloan and micro savings operations in 133 townships across 8 states (Yangon, Mandalay, Magwe, Sagaing, Shan, Mon, Tanintharyi and Bago). BCF currently operates 25 microfinance branches with over 200 staffs.
BCF is owned by Bagan Capital Limited and it is run by an experienced team of foreign and local finance and microfinance professionals.
- Develop and execute work plans to deliver on BCF’s strategic goals in the branch, in coordination with the Yangon principal office of BCF ("YPO"), to meet business plan targets and ensure appropriate relations with our local governmental regulators (“Financial Regulatory Department"/FRD) when they visit the branch.
- Ensure smooth branch functioning in operations, business development, systems and processes.
- Handle a percentage of active borrowers of branch as instructed by YPO from time to time.
- Analyze credit assessment in the branch and approve or disapprove loan applications, ensuring that they meet BCF standards.
- Train, coach, mentor and supervise Loan Officers to ensure that they are adequately trained and operate at a high standard of timeliness and technical competency and in accordance with BCF policies and procedures.
- Check that the Loan Officers conduct accurate surveys and reports as and when requested; and confirm the loan receipt and utilization of loans by borrowers occasionally.
- Be responsible for effectiveness and efficiency of branch, team development and team morale in the branch particularly in relation to appropriate revenue maximization and expense minimization.
- Implement and monitor BCF's policies and procedures from time to time at the various levels of operations in the branch.
- Handle the office safe box key and ensure the security of it.
- Check cash balance in safe and cash book balance, daily income and expenses of branch, integrity of loan and office documentation, hardcopy and softcopy filing systems and MIS system usage.
- Supervise the branch cash flow calculation and cash needed to submit to YPO.
- Prepare monthly FRD operational reporting summaries in collaboration with Accountant within the branch.
- Consult with Loan Officers for necessary advice on operations, reports, monitoring and evaluation, training and other related matters to ensure compliance with internal and external controls in the branch.
- Provide timely weekly reports to Regional Manager concerning repayment collection status and other relevant issues.
- Assist Regional Manager, in discharging the duties and responsibilities above.
- Take other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- University graduate, at least one year of Management experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, budgeting, financial, supervision, planning and monitoring skills required.
- Minimum (4) years working experience preferably in Micro-finance.
- Good customer service with highly respect.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office especially Outlook email.
- Able to travel if required.