Assistant Vice President~Vice President (Market Risk Management – Risk Management Department) Male/Female(2) posts
Myanma Apex Bank Ltd was incorporated on July 2, 2010 and opened its first branch office in Naypyitaw on August 17, 2010. Since inception, we have extended our branch network steadily to facilitate commercial development and investment across all of Myanmar as well as to better serve our growing customer base through a larger banking network.
Customer deposits have grown significantly over the past couple of years since inception, due to our ability to deliver quality service, reliable performance, customer satisfaction and trust among the general public.
We have within the bank both local and external talents with many years of professional experience in domestic and international banking. We invest extensively in technology and human resources to sustain our future longterm growth and to stay ahead amidst growing competition.
For domestic banking, we provide a comprehensive range of deposit products, financing options for large and small businesses through loans, overdrafts and hire purchases, reliable and extensive ATM and POS service via the Myanmar Payment UNion (MPU) network. For international banking, we provide foreign trade finance as well as worldwide payment services with partners, including Western Union, VISA, Master Card, China Union Pay and other major card organizations. Other services include gift cheques, payment orders and local remittance services.
- Bachelors degree in Banking, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Accounting or other relevant academic backgrounds
- Have 5 years of working experience in market risk management and related areas
- Have working knowledge in market risk management, asset liability management, treasury products and markets
- Strong interpersonal skills and proficient in delivery of professional business presentations
- Strategic thinking, conceptual thinking, team player, customer centric, committed to efficiency and effectiveness
- Computer literate and proficient in English
- Myanmar Nationality Only
Duties & Responsibilities
- Formulate the market risk strategic plans and initiatives in alignment with regulatory and the bank’s strategic direction and aspirations
- Drive the development of framework and policies to measure and control market risk
- Oversee the surveillance, reporting and analysis of market risk activities in the bank to ensure governance within approved parameters
for trading and banking book limits
- Drive the development of risk systems to effectively capture and measure market risks
- Drive the implementation of internationally accepted market risk tools e.g. VaR, Stress Testing and Back Testing etc., in line with
regulatory and industry best practices/standards
- Staff management and development
- Responsible to create and promote a strong risk culture across the bank.