The KT Group is a private, family owned and operated diversified business enterprise which was established in the 1950’s. We have grown into a modern Myanmar company that embraces the opportunities for growth but also remembers our deep history and holds respect for the country and her people.
To be a world class organisation nurturing and encouraging the talents of our people who enable us to grow a thriving business committed to building a modern and transparent Myanmar.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist General Manager in all day to day matters relating to the efficient and safe utilization of terminal facilities, equipment and operations manpower to achieve optimum container throughput as efficiently as possible
- Assist General Manager, Lead and motivate the terminal management team and all employees to ensure levels of service meet or exceed customers’ expectations and that all departments have a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensure proper & thorough pre-planning of all ship side operations, yard operation, Export/Import and delivery operations.
- Responsible for safe, efficient, cost-effective stevedoring operations of containerized and general cargo.
- Ensure compliance with all IMO and regulatory requirements and liaise with Port and Local Authorities in this respect as required
- Ensure all procurement from the Terminal to be according to procedure in placed and in cost effective manners.
- Liaise and maintain good relationship relevant Government Authorities.
- Liaise with the senior management of Shipping Lines and their Agents to understand their requirements, work closely with them to serve their needs and maintain the good relationship.
- Continually review, benchmark, plan and implement operational strategies to ensure that the Terminal develops and grows profitably.
- Assist General Manager to achieve all budget requirements and recommending investments.
- Excellent verbal communication in English and local language
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills in English and local language
- Completed transferable skill tertiary education and/or port management course
- Minimum ten years’ experience in port management
- Knowledge of Terminal Operating Systems (TOS), Customs and Shipping Line processes and procedures
- Willingness to work the necessary days, hours and training as required