Since 2013, GGI has built a reputation as the most trusted name in Myanmar insurance. We believe that with the progression of our nation comes a requirement for trusted insurance providers to safeguard the financial well-being of individuals and businesses. That is why we are committed to providing premium insurance policies that protect what matters most to you – giving you the confidence you need to follow your dreams.
In 2019 we partnered with Japan’s market leader in life insurance – Nippon Life. With their global expertise and our local knowledge, we are able to provide a new array of top quality life insurance products to help you achieve your ambitions with total peace of mind
To protect and support the people of Myanmar by providing world-class life insurance with integrity, care and compassion
To be a pillar of strength and assurity for the Myanmar people, helping to nurture a better society for the benefit of all
Integrity is at the heart of what we do. We provide products and services which are transparent, fair and ethical, generating trust, loyalty and long term relationships with all our stakeholders.
We are resilient, we face adversity and challenges with courage. We are committed to always being there for our customers, no matter what happens.
Insurance is a commitment to being responsible in everything we do. That’s why our products and services are transparent, provide value and have our customers’ best interests at heart.
We can only generate loyalty from our customers by earning it. We create loyalty by being honest, dedicated and being part of a team that puts our customers first every time.
Because we care, we show our humanity when our clients need it; because we care we take pride in holding ourselves to the highest standards; because we care we provide peace of mind and harmony for our clients throughout their lives.
Application Support Engineer (2)postsGrand Guardian Nippon Life
• Responsible to work with vendor to detect, diagnose and resolve application related defects.
• Provide assistance to business users regarding the use of existing and new systems.
• Gather business requirements and analyze requirement specifications for enhancement of the existing systems and implementation of new systems.
• Creation of test cases and performing UAT testing with business users.
• Plan and execute technical activities, schedule and work breakdown structures to ensure compliance with security, compliance to project scope.
• Prepare SQL scripts and procedures to perform data extraction, data patching and data cleansing based on user requests.
• Provide day-to-day support for business users on usage of technical solutions.
• Work closely with vendors to identify effective IT solutions to enable new business capabilities and automate business processes.
• Participate in IT projects to assist in user acceptance tests coordination, change management, data migration activities, documented user guide, etc.
• A recognized degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
• 2 - 5 years’ experience in software development and RDBMS
• Good Knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) such as Oracle or SQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or above
• Relevant experience in application development and support
• Hands-on experience with SDLC
• Problem solving skills and attention to details
• Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
• Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with the team and business users
• Basic written and verbal communications skills in English
• Must be a good team player, proactive in nature, fast learner, highly organized and positive attitude.