Position Title : Admin Officer
No. of Post : (1) Post
Report to : Programme Manager and Deputy Director
Department : Disaster Management Department
Project : Enhancing Emergency Response Capacities and Disaster Preparedness
of Urban Communities Project
Duty Station : Nay Pyi Taw/ Yangon
Grade : D2
Benefits Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowances + Casual Leave + Quarantine Leave + Annual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave +
Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (18/ 11/2019), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
Background: “Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS)” is going to start a project called “Enhancing emergency response capacities and disaster preparedness of urban communities in Yangon, Myanmar” with the support of German Red Cross (GRC). The project aims to enhance emergency preparedness and reinforce de-centralised response capacities of Red Cross Branches of Yangon in six selected townships: Thanlyin, Khayan, East Dagon, South Dagon and Dagon (Seikkan), as well as Hlaingtharya.
Purpose of the Position: The ‘Admin Officer’ under direct supervision of ‘Program Manager’ will be responsible to coordinate with MRCS Finance, Admin and Logistics Department, all relevant departments and project staff at HQs and Township levels, and GRC country office to maintain effective admin and financial systems and mechanism.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide day-to-day administrative support to Deputy Director, Programme Manager and field officers at HQs and townships branch to plan, implement and monitor Programme activities.
2. Liaise with finance Department and ensure all protect funds are transferred to respective townships as per the need of the projects.
3. Liaise with Deputy Director and Programme Manager to initiate project procurement and services in line with standard procedures of MRCS, IFRC and the other donors.
4. Provide all kinds of admin and logistical support to Deputy Director and Programme Manager to conduct meetings, trainings, workshop, seminars at HQs and field level.
5. Liaise with administration and logistics to ensure project related inventories of assets both in the field and at the HQ are monthly and quarterly updated.
6. Carry out any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
7. Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Dy Director.
8. Lead the support for organizing meetings, workshops, and events with tasks such as invitations, venue, logistics, participant arrangements, etc.
9. Provide support in minute taking and report writing at workshops, meetings or forums when required.
10. Prepare monthly cash forecasts for planned activities in coordination with the Deputy Director and Programme Manager and submit to GRC within agreed deadlines.
11. Collect vouchers financial statements and other relevant reports from townships on regular basis and liaise with finance division to process the documents.
12. Support Programme Manager in preparation and monitoring of budget forecasts and expenditures, and support to annual budget revision and budget planning.
13. Provide Administration support to Programme Team of all project townships to ensure timely processing of relevant financial documents, and other financial statements.
14. Maintain and monthly, quarterly updated on Cash Book and compile monthly budget utilization and balance of programme.
Office Documentary Management
15. Produce regular, timely and accurate on financial reports to Deputy Director.
16. Maintain fix assets register, distribution list and all record of the Programme.
17. Maintain office order and all of the office document.
18. Maintain on staff documents such as leaves, movement orders, officer orders.
19. Ensure that Program Manager is fully informed on operation matters in the field.
20. Work towards the achievement of overall goals of MRCS.
21. Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities.
22. Perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
23. Perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
24. Understand and practice the Principles of the Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement.
25. Establish effective working relationships with peers and MRCS Township Branches.
Skills, Competency and Requirements
• Must be a Myanmar National
• Age under 50 years old
• University Degree and Diploma related to the position is preferable
• Minimum 1 year of relevant experience on Programme Administrative/ Financial or Liaise
• Strong writing skills and capacity to present clear and concise summary of activities
• Strong organization, leadership skills and excellent interpersonal relationship
• Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines and adhere to program schedule
• Interest in sharing professional skill as well as learning from others
• Financial management skills and experience
• Financial report in English and Myanmar
• Working in times under tight deadlines
• Effective English language skill
• Effective Computer Knowledge Skill (Microsoft Office Package)
• Interest in learning about the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement