Position Title : Admin Assistant
No. of Post : (1) Post
Report to : Country Representative-Myanmar, German Red Cross
Department : German Delegation Myanmar Office
Project : MRCS-GRC Urban DRR Yangon Project
Duty Station : Yangon
Grade : C1
Benefits Packages : Salary + Insurance + Training + Travelling Allowances + Casual Leave + Quarantine Leave + Annual Leave + Medical Certificate Leave +
Maternity Leave + Substituted Leave
Application Deadline : (04/ 02/2020), 16:30
Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) is
volunteer based humanitarian organization throughout the whole country acting with and for the most vulnerable at all times. Benefit Package consists of Paid Medical, Annual, Casual Leave, Insurance, On-Duty for Training, Provide Accommodation Allowance & Hardship Allowance for specific area, Training and Development Opportunities, Promotion and Management Development.
Strategy 2016-2020 of the Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) place emphasis on developing a partnership framework for better and reliable engagement with, and transparent accountability to partners that we work with. One approach towards improving our effectiveness and building greater accountability in all MRCS work is to establish a more systematic and coordinated focal department towards communicating with all Movement and Non-Movement partners as well as with other key stakeholders including government departments and ministries. Known as Partners Relations Department within the MRCS National Head Quarter structure, this department aims to improve coordination, communication and collaboration between MRCS and partners through the provision of/ exchanging timely, relevant and accurate information and supports an environment of transparency and accountability of National Society.
Purpose of the Position:
The Admin Assistant is a position that has an employment contract with Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) and is seconded to German Red Cross (GRC) country office in Yangon. The position provides support on administrative and logistical issues for the GRC country office, and in particular to the FFO GPI project. The Admin Assistant will also be supporting written translation and verbal interpretation support in English and Myanmar language.
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Administrative Support
1. Support the administrative function of GRC country office such as filing documents, maintaining office equipment and supplies, internet, stationery, photo-copying, typing, delivering documentation to GRC HQ, and similar.
2. Assist the country office in IT/logistics services including procurement of general office supplies, office equipment, materials, stationery, including maintenance, delivery/waybills and reception goods, among others.
3. Facilitate travel, accommodation, visa and other related issues for GRC staff members, visitors, consultants as required.
4. Support to maintain fixed assets registers, inventory lists, office equipment, and inventory checks as required.
5. Support in time-sheets and leave application forms of GRC country office staff as needed.
6. Support on documentation translation and interpretation to the GRC country representative and/or delegate.
7. Assist on organizing meetings, workshops, and events with tasks such as invitations, venue, logistics, participant arrangements, etc.
8. Provide support at workshops, meetings or forums when required.
9. Assist in organizing GRC visits and meetings in Myanmar when required.
II. Treatment of information
10. Register and treat information related to Red Cross and its staff with confidentiality and accuracy.
11. Be aware of activities of other MRCS projects, especially those with linked or similar project objectives, locations and activities.
12. Establish and ensure effective working relationships with the GRC country office staff and MRCS staff.
Skills, Competency and Requirements
• Must be a Myanmar National
• Age under 50 years old
• University Degree
• Master of International Relation, Public Relations and Social Science will be preferable
• One year of relevant experience in administration and/or support services
• Experience in completing multiple tasks and tracking activity progress
• Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent is preferable
• Good skills in general administration / support services
• Skills in computer use including Windows, word-processing, spread sheets, Microsoft outlook, email, Internet
• Organization skills
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Fluent in English and Myanmar
**Note: Applicants will be considered to be shortlisted that need to send application letter, CV, passport-size photo, education qualifications and references (PDF Version) to:
Head Office: Branch Office:
Myanmar Red Cross Society Myanmar Red Cross Society
Razathingaha Road, Dekhinathiri, No. 42, Red Cross Building, StrandRoad,
Nay Pyi Taw. Botahtaung Township, Yangon. (or)
For more information and application, please visit to the www.redcross.org.mm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a personal interview.