(FOR Myanmar National Only)
Job Title : Internal Auditor
Location : Head Office (Yangon)
Number of Position : 1 (one)
Type of Contract : Open
Reports to : Senior Auditor
The purpose of this position is to carrying out internal audit functions within DAWN Microfinance
Program both operational and financial activities. Candidate will be required to work independently and to also visit branches of DAWN regular in accordance with the internal audit plan in place.
· Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
· Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
· Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
· Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
· Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
· Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
· Maintain open communication with management and branch staff.
· Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
· Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
· Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
· Report to the Senior Auditor and submit Internal Audit Report to relative department.
· Completion of university, preferably in finance and accounting or related field
· At least one year working experience (two preferred) in microfinance and or banking required.
· Minimum two year working experience in finance and accounting, preferably in internal control or auditing
· Good communication and monitoring skills
· Computer proficiency in word processing and spread sheets
· Ability to work in English preferred
· Ability to travel to Dawn Branches