About as ,
The Spice Garden serves the best North Indian cuisine in all Mandalay, and as well as Myanmar specialties and familiar continental favorites in an annex with a choice of indoor or outdoor dining. The Hotel by the Red Canal acknowledges and appreciates the many compliments and accolades posted online (www.tripadvisor.com) or the positive feedback received in the guest comments cards helping us to raise the service bar even higher — all bearing testimony that our guests have enjoyed the resort experience in a city-convenient location.
Service Bonus + Hostel Allowance + Meal arrangement + Competitive salary depending on experience
REPORTS TO : Front office manager
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Determinate's a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
- File room keys
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out's, currency exchange,
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out's , Foreign currency exchange etc.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the English language used by the guests who visits the hotel.
Experience: Previous hotel-related experience desired.
Physical: Requires fingering, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity.