Category Sales Manager (Nutrition)
Myanmar Distribution Group (MDG) is the leading distribution house in Myanmar, with nationwide distribution network through own direct sales branches and area distribution partners. MDG partners with global fast-moving consumer goods giants such as Nestle S.A., Asia Pacific Breweries, PT. Mayora Indah Tbk., Moët & Hennessy and other international brands to bring quality products, such as Nescafe, Milo, Bear Brand, Maggi, Lactogrow, Cerelac, Sunkist, Air Soda, Danisa, Roma, and many others, across Myanmar as well as establishing local manufacturing facilities for in-house brands to create job and skills acquisition opportunities for Myanmar talents. Our team is driven, curious and creative in our continued quest to expand our business, and we are seeking like-minded talents to join us on the next phase of MDG growth story. MDG strives to offer a live long career development opportunity for talents to realize their full potential, in a challenging and rewarding environment. Do see below for a list of suitable roles. We look forward to discussing your application to join a growing company like MDG, and granting you an opportunity to work and learn alongside accomplished leaders. We have employment opportunities in sales, marketing, accounting, logistics, warehousing, admin and manufacturing.
- Opportunities for promotion - Possibility for job training - Learn new skills and techniques - An awesome company - Join a winning team - You can make a difference
Category Sales Manager (Nutrition)
-Active engagement and participation in regular communication with Principals
- Close liaison on activity planning and coordination
- KPIs and Targets alignment
- Development of Trade Programs and activities
- Trade engagement activities planning
- Budget planning
-Performance Tracking & Reporting
- Plan and track performance of all regions using the necessary analysis methodology, standardized reporting formats and dashboards.
- Identify areas of weaknesses and opportunities and take corrective action promptly
- Responsible for preparing budgets and forecasts, set channel-wide and regional sales targets in accordance to the aligned objectives. Identify
improvement opportunities for less / non-profitable routes, townships.
-Drive Achievement Sales Targets & Other KPIs
- Responsible for the achievement of sales targets for the assigned product categories
- Facilitate in maximizing sales volume of all assigned products in tandem with the volume targets set
- Collaborate with sales teams to improve route plan, when and where necessary, to improve coverage effectiveness and efficiency in accordance to routing principles /guidelines.
- Aim to drive systematic and progressive improvement to achieve operational KPIs – in terms of distribution growth, route compliance, strike rate, drop size and channel growth
-Optimise Product Distribution across all geography and channels
- Optimise product distribution opportunities to achieve wide product availability in all channels within the covered areas /
regions. Attain high numerical distribution via well effective programs execution.
- Liaise with sales managers on challenges and support required to ensure the brand is well distributed
-Ensure stock adequacy at Branches and Sub-Distributors to meet market demand, with minimal Out-of-Stock incidence
- Track and update stock movement, stock holding, stock balance, stock forecast, at all branches.
- Monitor daily stock movement and prevent out-of-stock (OOS) situation in GT, MT, WS, SD channels in all region / territories.
- Identify stock-weight sold by teams and to recommend optimum purchase quantity to the retailers
- Review customers’ order fulfillment status
-Focus on Merchandising & Product Visibility
- Ensure that POMSs are in place to maximize visibility of products by maintaining the correct planogram required in outlets and within township. Additionally, to secure the best possible shelf position for product categories.
-Effective Trade and Consumer Programs
- Facilitate in the development of trade and consumer programs in conjunction with the festive periods and seasonality.
- Communicate to trade and/or programs to all relevant stakeholders and ensure well understanding of the program principles by conducting proper meeting / briefing sessions.
- Monitor execution of the trade programs to ensure executional success. Conduct random audit checks to ensure strict adherence to stipulated guidelines during this period.
- Upon completion of program(s), conduct postmortems by conducting a clear measurement on the workability, profitability / returns of each
-Market Intelligence and Reporting
- Perform comprehensive market audits in the trade to evaluate the performance of product categories
- Take necessary actions where necessary to ensure high performance of sales teams and excellent execution of any trade programs.
- Audit the activities of the competition and their key success factors.
-Training and Coaching (OTJ / In-field approach)
- Consistently conduct trainings for all regional teams based on their performance and development needs. This encompass training on product, brand management at outlets, merchandizing, new product introduction, sell-out plan, soft-skills.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with retailers, wholesalers, sub-distributors to ensure all objectives are well executed
- Educate retailers on matters relating to proper handling of products, optimum stock weight and merchandising principles.
- Build and maintain positive image for MDG as a responsible corporation and preferred business partner through providing quality services to the trade.
- At least 5 years for brand management especially in Nutrition products
- Good track record performer as a sales person or marketing person
- Effective communication skill and convincing abilities
- Self motivation as well as team motivation
- Strong analytical skills
- High level of initiative ,Proactive